Sunday, February 28, 2010

A tribute to husbands

Have I ever told you I have the most wonderful husband in the world? I hope so. :-) Well, apparently a lot of women think they have the most wonderful husbands, including the ones in my women's Bible study. Clearly, they are slightly mistaken. They may have wonderful husbands, but not the most wonderful in the whole world. He's already taken.

Either way, my girlfriends and I decided we should celebrate them. And Valentine's Day gave us the perfect opportunity.

Last weekend, we had an amazing night of fellowship with some great couples we've really enjoyed getting to know over these past few months. Everyone came over to our house for dinner and we enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by Lauren and great conversation! And yes, Marla, we even broke out your china dishes. Thanks! They worked fantastic!


We attempted to honor our husbands by having prepared love letters for them and praying over them at the end of the night using the book, The Power of A Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I actually went and bought the book the next day because I thought it was so good!

Here's just a few reasons why Kody really is the most wonderful husband in the whole world.

- He makes me laugh out loud every day.
- He helps me with the laundry.
- He doesn't get upset when I don't have anything planned for dinner (like tonight).
- He listens to me (most of the time, if he's not distracted...I have to plan my talking time). :-)
- He's great at managing our finances and investments, but always clues me in on what's going on and talks about it with me.
- We work so well as a team.
- He takes care of my car.
- He picks out really good movies to watch, whereas I always end up picking out really bad ones.
- He enjoys going grocery shopping with me.
- He encourages me in everything.

I could go on, but that's 10 and lists that include more than 10 things get a little too long in my opinion.

Wait, one more:


He's really really really goofy.

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    You may have (one) of the best husbands in the world, but I have the best husband and the best daughter in laws in the world.

    Thank you for loving my son so much and so well!

    Love, Marla

    ReplyDelete