I'm not really sure I ever learned the lesson Mitch was trying to teach us back then. There were about a billion things I thought I couldn't do - double back, blind change to a front giant, tsuk to my feet instead of my face - just to name a few.
But I think I've finally learned my lesson. At least when it comes to running.
I signed up for this Illinois Half Marathon about four months ago and now I'm one month into the training Kody set up for me. When I signed up, I figured I "should" be able to run 13.1 miles, simply because I'm in relatively good shape and have always been athletic. I knew my body could withstand it, but I had no idea if I was mentally up for it. And during many a 2-mile run, I said "I can't" dozens of times, which led to just a little walking. :-)
Well, "I can't" is no longer in my vocabulary.
This last Saturday, I ran 8 miles! The Saturday before that...7 miles. The Saturday before that...6!
I'm definitely not trying to brag...I'm more just amazed that I actually did this! It is possible...and whatever you're trying to work on is possible too!
Or maybe you just need to get a little aggressive:
Good job Katie! I knew you could do it! and running becomes more of your daily life, your quite time, your Katie time, (for your heart, mind, and soul). Awesome job!
ReplyDeleteTell Kody to back away from the steroids.....smile!
El Suegro
haha! Well I'm pretty sure Kod isn't on steroids, but I'll tell him to back down on all that protein and supplements he's wanting to take! ha.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm excited that I can run your first half with you! My gut feeling is that it won't be your last...
ReplyDeleteI'm already thinking about signing up for the Chicago one, but we'll see :) This week I've been slightly less motivated, ha.
ReplyDelete