I used to get so mad at my Mom (probably just in my head because I was too scared to say anything) for not ever letting us get new clothes that weren't on the sale rack. For some reason, those were always the better clothes in my mind. I just remember getting so upset about how Mom just wouldn't "relax" and let me buy whatever I wanted!
Well, times have changed since those selfish days of high school. I wouldn't even think about buying clothes that weren't like 50 percent off or more. For example, take my last two shopping trips:
Gap Outlet (the most amazing place ever):
I got three nice sweaters, a cute pair of snow boots, two long sleeved t-shirts, and a fleece sweatshirt with everything being under $12 except for the boots. The t-shirts were $3, if I remember correctly.
Mall in Indy:
I wasn't going to buy anything, but I remembered Kody and I had a gift card to malls across the U.S. that we got as a wedding present, so I decided to do a little shopping.
- New York and Company jeans for 50 percent off! Free with gift card!
- Bath and Body Works semi-annual sale! yay!! Paid $1.50 for three things because of a gift card I had!
- Macy's - Got a $99 dress for $14! It was on sale for 75 percent off and then another 40 percent and then they gave me another 10 percent! Amazing! And it was free for me with the mall gift card!
Oh, how things change when you have to grow up and become an adult :-) Now I have my own newspaper subscription, clip coupons each week, sign up for free samples, attempt to fit my grocery shopping into a budget each month and buy Lock 'n Locks (supposedly the greatest things on earth, according to my co-workers) with my Christmas money.
No comments:
Post a Comment