After raving about how much we were looking forward to getting our new couch...I can't believe I haven't it showed it to you yet!
I've been enjoying sitting on it so much that I haven't wanted to uncurl myself from its enveloping comfort to take any pictures.
I think the fact that we had basically been living for a month without anywhere comfortable to sit down on adds to our appreciation of it. We enjoyed watching Netflix in super uncomfortable kitchen chairs, then on a half blown up air mattress. We upgraded to a scratchy rug and now finally...

...a huge, comfortable, soft, perfectly-sized couch!!
Obviously, this room still has a long ways to go (that ginormous wall needs a little sprucing up), but here's a little update on where we've come from.
Living room when we first moved in:

Now filled with all our belongings in the entire world:

Last Friday, this baby showed up:

We love it! It's a little lighter than our original plan, but for $200 cheaper, we're okay with that. It's also actually smaller than I was picturing, which I'm so glad about! It's big (perfect size actually), but I was picturing it just looking ridiculously huge and way too big for our room. Instead, I think any smaller would look too small for the room and this is just the perfect size to have lots of space to stretch out, but also plenty of walking space through the rest of the room.
Also upgraded in this room was our old entertainment center. For the life of me, I can't find a decent before picture of it. Apparently, TVs don't make for good backgrounds of photos. I actually did find one though:

The first day in our first apartment in Bourbonnais. Oh, the memories.
Before picture or not...Kody sanded down the entire thing and then stained it a darker ebony color.



It took him most of an entire day to complete the project, but it looks pretty nice inside now! We also took off the glass door on the right side, which definitely upgrades its coolness factor.

And now if you'll excuse me, I have a date on my couch with some Chinese food and Prison Break...and a hubby who is back from being out of town! Now I can finally get some sleep at night.

Oh, in case you're wondering, this is the view I've been enjoying all week long:

Ahhh, doesn't it look so nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment