Sunday, August 7, 2011

Coming along

When Kody goes out of town...Katie writes lots of blogs.

When Kody comes home...Katie doesn't write any blogs.

Such is the story of my life and why I wrote so many blogs one week and none the next :)

Here's a little home update for you on some of our rooms:

The one hallway in our house is where our washer/dryer/water heater are located...behind curtains. Not exactly ideal, but unfortunately I don't really like any options for hiding these less than beautiful, but definitely necessary, house items. I'm not a fan of bi-fold doors, sliding doors or curtains. But since the space is set up for curtains, that's what we're going with now. We decided since they have to be there, and it's not like they'll ever blend into the hallway, why not make them a little fun.
Our new blue and green hallway curtains
I'd love to maybe find some curtains with an awesome pattern or something later, but for now these are great. Now if someone could come and iron them for us, they'd be even better. Wait, I think that's my job.

Here's another look at our bedroom, with a little more furniture in it. It actually already looks a little different than this, but this is the picture I've got for you. Added a new rug which definitely helps make it feel more homey.
And we also added a few brown and white touches to our bathroom. However, they unfortunately didn't cover up all the blue tile.
Today I got to partake in one of my most favorite homeowner activities...yard work! If you noted the sarcasm, you'll understand that growing up I would pretty much offer to do everyone else's chores (or responsibilities, if you grew up in the Nichols family) if they would do my yard work.

As I sit here cleaning dirt out from under my fingernails, I must admit that when it is your home it is significantly more satisfying. Doesn't make the work any easier, or the breeze blow any stronger, but I definitely can't complain. Especially after my wonderful hubby has been slaving all week in the heat over this:
It has a roof on it now and is looking awesome! Hopefully will be done by the end of the week...because Kody starts classes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment