I know I'll probably say this every year, but crazy that it has now been over three years since this happened:
I thought it might be fun to think back about how a few things have changed since that day. Here goes:1) Three years ago, Kody was still completing his undergrad degree with no idea of what he wanted to do with it. Now, he has worked for almost two years at a vet clinic and is heading back to school for four more years.
2) Three years ago, we moved into our first apartment in Bourbonnais. Now, we are about to move into our first house (but only after living in three other places).
3) Three years ago, I had no idea in the world of how to cook. Now, some of Kody's co-workers suggest I should open up a bakery. (I personally think they're a little crazy for that idea!)
4) Three years ago, we had Kacey and Bethany's puppies visit us in Bourbonnais and I wouldn't even pet them. Now, I snuggle daily with a dirty, slobbery, large, loud, crazy dog of my own.
5) Three years ago, we thought we loved each other. Now, after going through big and small decisions, tough time and good times, fights and making up, we are a little closer to understanding what real love is.
We originally planned on going on a camping trip over our anniversary, but procrastination and moving craziness postponed that trip. Instead we enjoyed a relaxing day at home, complete with Belgian waffles, watching our wedding video and an incredible steak dinner at Al Capone's Hideaway (his real hideout where he brewed alcohol during the prohibition).
No comments:
Post a Comment