Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bullseye, baby!

See that bullseye!? That was me, Katie, on my first time ever shooting a real gun. Ohhh yeah!

I feel weird blogging about this because it seems like guns should be off limits on blogs or something, but I'm pretty sure they're not, so here goes. A while back, Kody bought a gun for protection that has lived in a small gun safe under our bed until we pulled it out a few weekends ago to learn how to use it.

I don't think I can accurately describe my aversion to having this gun, or any gun, in my house before this class (if you're interested, just ask Kody). Like it made me mad even thinking about us having it, so I just avoided thinking about it.

While I still don't like to picture a gun in a home, I'm okay with picturing shooting a gun at a gun range after an hour long class under the supervision of a trained instructor. ha!

And that's exactly what we did - take a class and then practice at a range. And look what happened!

Bullseye!

And then I shot two more bullseyes right after that! Our instructor wouldn't let us leave without taking the target and the empty shell (what I'm holding in my right hand), so this is for you, Mr. Instructor. And now they live in the trashcan.

The point of this post is to give a forewarning to any creepy intruders who think they can sneak up on me. I'm a trained marksman now and you should stay away ... far away.

But obviously, any nice, friendly, benevolent visitors are welcome and then gun will stay safely hidden away.

p.s. my hubby wasn't a bad shot either! You definitely wouldn't have known it was his first time and he was dead on!

No comments:

Post a Comment