…for "Lent."
I say "Lent" because I really just followed the basic starting and ending points of Lent, but wasn't very good about the "meditating on God when I crave pop" part of Lent. Either way, it's been over six weeks since I've enjoyed the refreshing carbonation and caffeine of pop (or soda as my Texan hubby would say).
We don't normally keep a lot of [coke] [soda] pop in our home, but it definitely graces our refrigerator shelves on a regular enough basis. And it normally doesn't last too long, thanks to me.
I was hoping that over these six weeks my desire for the bubbly drink would diminish. Instead it has only strengthened. Like writing this right now, my mouth is watering for a delicious taste of Root Beer, or Cherry Coke, or Vanilla Coke, or Dr. Pepper. I was sort of hoping that'd this would be a start to "oh, I'll just give up pop for good and never drink it again!" But I don't think that's going to happen.
So, since I basically did my own sort of Lent, and started a few days early back in March, I'm ending my Lent tonight! And because it's my half birthday and my aunt's birthday and we're heading to Omaha for Easter!! I've been waiting for Thursday night all week!
So tonight, I will be drinking this:

Now the only question is what to fill it with - Cherry Coke, Root Beer, Sprite, Diet something, Dr. Pepper, regular Coke??? I normally go cherry, but for some reason Root Beer and Dr. Pepper seem to be calling my name. Big big decision.
Thankfully, the night is long and I can fill up that big glass many times.

What about a suicide? Then you don't have to choose. :)
ReplyDelete