Friday, April 2, 2010

Hallelujah for Spring!!

It's 80 degrees and sunny here in Chicago today! And I have a rare day off of work! Yay! So here goes some blogging that has been lacking these past few weeks.

We celebrated Kody's birthday earlier this month (I forgot to take pics!) with Kody and I sleeping in and enjoying a nice breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs. We had a really fun evening out to dinner with friends and just a relaxing weekend together. Lauren posted a few pics of the night here.

Kody had heard about my attempt at peeling millions of apples, so he, being the awesome husband that he is, decided to use some of his birthday money to buy me a present! I'm not sure I can say I would have done that, but Kody has always been overly generous...so for Kody's birthday, I got...

An Apple Peeler Corer Slicer!!!

And let me tell you...IT IS AMAZING! We now peel almost every apple we eat, simply because it's that cool. Here's a little video demonstration we made.



Apples were on sale that week, so we ended up buying three 3lb. bags for $3 and Kody made up a batch of applesauce...in like 15 minutes. If you remember, that took me over an hour before our super duper Apple Peeler Corer Slicer.

Yum, yum, yum.

Kody also made this amazing meal one night for dinner while I was out running. He used my Aunt Teri's baked shrimp with spinach and feta recipe and created something that tasted incredible!

Here's Aunt Teri's recipe, but I'm not sure how he adjusted it, except we didn't use onion/shallots.

Ingredients:
1 box frozen spinach
1/2 cup shallots or chopped onion
3 tbl. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 cup feta cheese
1 tbl. fresh lemon juice
10-15 large shrimp

In a skillet, cook shallots in oil and add garlic stirring for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, oregano, feta and lemon juice. Spread shrimp in pan and top with spinach mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees on a lightly oiled pan.

We ate ours over pasta with a side of Kody's homemade bruschetta.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I can't believe you took a video of your apple corer! That's so funny! Hooray for applesauce and for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking ... but no updates! How am I to stalk you until our April 29 rendezvous!?

    ReplyDelete