Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let it snow!

December has come and is bringing with it some winter beauty!

Noodles had fun experiencing his first snow this morning and now has loved looking at it for hours from inside:

I let him outside on our porch a little earlier and two kids came by and started throwing snowballs at him!! Like an overprotective mom, I gasped, ran outside barefoot and scolded those two kids, haha! They looked very "caught" and probably won't be doing that again anytime soon! Poor Noodles! Although it probably hurt me more than him! My little boy was getting picked on by the bigger kids!! Oh wait, I think he was actually bigger than both of them.

We're planning a trip to the dog park or park today to let him have a little more fun romping around in the snow. Hopefully only get hit with snow by his loving parents.

Here's our December meal plan! (Did I post a November one?? Did I follow a November one??)

1 - Chicken Enchilada Chili - was delicious with cheese and tortilla chips!
2 - Quesadillas (with homemade salsa!)
3 - Frozen pizza (got 7 pizzas for $10 the other day!)
4 - Mexican "Flatbread" Pizza from Pioneer Woman
5 - Pizza
6 - Broiled marinated beef chuck (never bought a beef chuck, not sure what it is, found a hopefully good recipe online)
7 - Cookie exchange at Bible Study!
8 - Enchiladas
9 - Cheese soup
10 - Tuna melts
11 - Quiche
12 - Homemade Pizza
13 - Going to a Bulls game with work! Yay for perks!
14 - Kody on his own
15 - Spinach beef roll
16 - Parmesan chicken
17 - Chicken and stuffing
18 - Frozen pizza
19 - Homemade pizza (yes, apparently pizza two days in a row)
20 - Frozen chicken fingers
21 - Bible study
22 - Quinoa meatloaf
23 - Homemade waffles
24-28 - Christmas!!
29 - Pancakes
30-31 - Michelle's wedding!

In other news:
- I haven't finished any "physical" books, but have "read" lots of audio books! Love them! But I am in the middle of a "real" book - Cold Fire by Dean Koontz - and am loving it. Hope to finish it by the end of the week.
- I didn't send cookies/treats to friends, but did make two meals for a friend who just had a baby!
- I got some fun deals this past week - 5 tubs of $0.25 toothpaste (one was free!), 3 things of $0.63 Dial handsoap, cheap frozen pizzas, frozen chicken, shrimp and pancakes (convenience foods I wouldn't normally buy, but so nice to have around if they're cheap)
- Running...isn't happening. But hopefully soon I'll be signing up for another half marathon, so I'll have a goal to work towards. And we're renewing our gym membership, which will hopefully help.

Cookie exchange on Tuesday. I've having so much trouble deciding what cookies to bring! Something new, something I've made before, Kody's favorite (which I don't like), something unique??? So many options.

I'm debating between white chocolate macadamia nut, pink meringue, Pioneer Woman's monster cookies, some sort of peppermint bark/peppermint oreos things, a yummy snickerdoodle one and a few others! Any suggestions!?

No comments:

Post a Comment