Over six months ago, I told you about this:
The Illinois Half Marathon.
The long hours of training (or lack of training) have come and gone. The ankle pain has come and hopefully is gone. The winter months spent on a treadmill in the gym's basement have come and gone.
And now the race...has come and gone!
This past weekend, three of my best friends and I embarked on a 13.1 mile journey that took us from the campus of the University of Illinois, all around Urbana and back again to Memorial Stadium. And we lived to tell about it!

No SG girls weekend is complete without a few crazy adventures, lots and lots of laughing, lots and lots of eating, and lots of memories in the process.
To begin the weekend, I almost got a ticket from a pseudo police officer on a Segway at Midway airport for temporarily parking illegally. Thankfully another angry woman who also parked illegally frustrated the officer enough that he was just thankful I didn't try to run him over and he kindly handed me back my license! Not without a warning to never park there again though. I'm learning so many driving lessons these days!
Sara, Molly and I completed the half marathon in 2:21:45, beating our goal time of 2:30:00! Emily had an extra spurt of energy at the end and finished two minutes earlier!

We even had so much fun we're planning another one for next year, as it's the 13th anniversary of our friendships - dating back to 7th grade! 13.1 miles in 13.1 years!
Okay SO FUNNY because you and I used the EXACT SAME pictures in our posts!!!! I posted another on the marathon last night I think you would enjoy ... http://missraz.wordpress.com/
ReplyDeleteMiss you already! Have you been running yet?
Funny! I even read both your posts before I posted this I think! I promise I didn't intentionally copy! haha! Ran today! 3 miles! Ankle hurt!
ReplyDelete