Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Mexico!

I love a good vacation and last weekend was definitely a wonderful vaca! Kody and I took a break from the constant Illinois clouds and rain to visit sunny and warm New Mexico and see some of Kody's family.
We enjoyed a nice drive in Nana and Papaw's new SmartCar.
I got my first taste of Dion's! It's a pizza/salad chain in Albuquerque that Kody had been telling me about. It was a fun dinner because all of Kody's aunts, uncles and cousins came to join us!

We enjoyed the beautiful mountains and went on a walk in the desert behind his grandparents' house.
But the best part of the entire trip may have been the $37.10 that I won at the casino! Nana took Kody and I gambling and apparently I had the magic touch. Kody did not. I am thinking about quitting my job and taking up gambling. What do you think?

And with my $37, I went shopping in Old Town Albuquerque and bought these!

Moccasins! I think it's some sort of initiation into the Carr family that you must own moccasins, so I guess I'm officially part of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment