Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy shopping trip!

After about a year of couponing, it seems like most trips I still don't have the touch. Inevitably one or more of the coupons don't work for some reason or another, I can't find the right product, I don't remember the correct rules, don't plan ahead enough and end up buying too many things I don't need and not enough of the things I do need.

There's been many a time where I've ended up spending waaay more than I thought I was going to and even a few nights where the tears flowed after a failed shopping trip. But my extremely patient husband is always there to comfort me and tell me it's okay that I spent $20 instead of the $5 I was originally planning on spending.

Well, tonight, there was victory!! Hallelujah! Finally!

Now this may look like small, and it is, but it's trips like this that keep me going!

So tonight's trip to Walgreens included these items:


My grand total: $3.53

Yay!!!

Using coupons I was able to get four free cans of tomato soup (which we love!), three free cans of Hunt's tomato sauce, two free Herbal Essences shampoos and one free bag of Ricola cough drops. I paid $1.39 for the other bag of Ricola cough drops and $2.50 for the other Herbal Essences. And I got two dollars back because of a deal with the Herbal Essences!

So, including my $2 in Walgreens "bucks," I only paid $1.53 for all of that!! Yay!!

Then I went to Meijer to buy a few necessities (chicken, fruit, etc.) and came home to find out that we're almost out of milk and out of eggs, bread and trash bags. All of which I didn't buy at the store.

Just when I think I'm getting good, I realize that I"m really not that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment