Here are some photo highlights of the fun gymnastics-filled day in Chicago. Kody's parents got us some amazing tickets and my mom and I had great seats!
The winner, Jordyn Wieber, who was one of the two Americans competing in the meet.
The other American, and second place finisher and 2008 Olympian, Bridget Sloan on beam, while Jordyn is warming up for beam.
Bridget on floor
I spy Nastia Liukin ...

There she is!
Jordyn on beam
Bridget on bars
Awards ceremony!
My mom and I were one of the die-hard fans at the meet - we arrived before the doors even opened (and stood out in the freezing cold for 20 minutes) and stayed until after the awards were over!
Other exciting Olympians that we saw were Kerri Strug (she walked right in front of us, just like Nastia did!), Mary Lou Retton, John Macready, Blaine Wilson, Bridget and Jordyn, Martha Karolyi and Chellsie Memmel.
Thank you Kevin and Marla!!
Guess who's going to be on the new season of "Dancing with the Stars"? Shawn Johnson! You could be cool like me and watch it online the day after it airs. :) Sad that I don't have a blog and still comment on yours so much...
ReplyDeleteI know! And I will be watching it (the day after, on the computer) but it will be awesome! I'm so excited! p.s. you should start a blog, you'd be great at it :)
ReplyDelete