Picking out the PERFECT one at Menards. Kody was giving it a gentle pat in this picture.
It's up! Kody's job was to pick out a stand and he came home with a stand and a beautiful tree skirt! I was so excited! His other job was to put up the tree and put the lights on (courtesy of my parents), which he did beautifully.
All decorated! My mom helped me string popcorn and cranberries and we borrowed a box of ornaments from the Carr's in St. Charles (Thanks again!)
So pretty! Whoops, still haven't taken down the fall decorations.
My attempt at making a door hanger/wreath thing for our front door with scraps from the tree. It sort of worked out, but it kind of feels like it's going to reach out and grab you when you try to open the door.
This picture isn't Christmas tree related, but over Thanksgiving we went on a late-night walk and my parents borrowed Kody and I's Smittens (a Christmas present from our Aunt Lynette last year).
SMITTENS: "Now you can love the earth and your sweetie with Smittens made from recycled fleece. Invented by knitwear designer Wendy Feller, who came up with the idea for Smittens while on a romantic but chilly walk with her husband, a set of Smittens comes with a set of two regular mittens plus a third over sized one for a couple to share between them."
I want a pair of Smittens! Your parents are adorable.
ReplyDeleteRichard and I decided against getting a Christmas tree since we were going to be home for Christmas. I am sort of regretting it now! Your tree looks beautiful!
We have to take it down in a week, since we're leaving too, so it wasn't up for very long! I'm still glad we got one though!
ReplyDeletephew! Kody's hair is out of control!
ReplyDelete