Our garden is producing!
Maybe I should clarify...our garden is producing...lots and lots of weeds. Yay!
Unfortunately, not much of the green in that picture is actually anything I purposefully planted. But I'm too scared to pull any of those weeds, just in case it might really be a plant and I just can't tell! Our garden has looked about this productive since we planted it. I thought this was possibly normal until we visited our friends Austin and Amber and realized they actually have green, real, vegetable plants that grow up to your knees! They also had things like tomatoes and peppers hanging off of them. Ours aren't quite there yet :)
However, it hasn't been a total failure!
Meet Green Onion #1:
And Green Onion #2:
Aren't they beauties?
I'm not sure if they were ready to be picked or not, but I gave it a shot anyway. While we did plant green onions, I'm not exactly sure if I planted these or if they're just leftover from the older garden. They were definitely not growing in the "green onion" row.
We also have a struggling, little, itty, bitty lettuce plant that, depending on the day, looks like it's about to die. I thought it was a goner a few weeks ago, but then it perked up again!
You think that's enough lettuce for a salad yet?





Those onions are freakin' huge! Make sure you don't talk to anybody the entire day after you eat those! lol
ReplyDelete