Saturday, October 2, 2010

October!

hey hey!
So you know those goals I told you about...I didn't do so hot :)

1) Read over half a book and am attempting to finish soon! It'll get done! Probably should be reading right now, instead of blogging.
2) Got library membership! And we've been loving using it! Our addiction to Redbox has now turned into a video rack at the library addiction. Enjoying "The Office" Season 5 right now thanks to the library.
3) Kitchen appliances - Yeah, didn't happen this month. Sad that it went an entire month and I haven't even used one of them! Oops. I did pull the bread maker recipe book out, in hopes that it'd encourage me.
4) Cookies! I did do this one! I made some snickerdoodle cookies (which are apparently Kody's second favorite cookie - second only to white chocolate macadamia nut - neither of which I have ever made until like two weeks ago) and delivered them to some of our new apartment neighbors!
5) What's a monthly meal plan? Yeah, didn't stick to that from day 1. But I did make some fun new recipes (just not in order)! Going to do better this month. Already made up my plan for this month and I'm taking it two weeks at a time - for a little more flexibility.
6) Use cash and stay within budget - Didn't use cash once...and haven't updated the budget, so I'm not sure if I stayed within. I think I was close though! BUT I already pulled out cash October!
7) I did up the couponing a bit, but not much. Time sometimes just doesn't allow it. But I did reorganize my coupons today for a fresh start and I'm hoping it'll work a lot better!
8) One week on-ish, one week off-ish was pretty much the monthly routine. I did go on an amazing, beautiful six-mile run with Noodles that was awesome! That's the longest I've gone since the half marathon.
9) Greeting Kody - I think I did better! Tried to make a point of it.
10) Didn't memorize a verse this month, but my Bible study is memorizing Philippians 4:8-9 this week.

And I'll leave you with this:

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." - Phil. 4:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment